Thursday, May 5, 2011

Road To Nowhere




This was a great movie trailer. I am a firm believer in quality over quantity and this trailer was certainly of great quality. One of the main reasons it was so good was its simplicity. With no dialogue, one song, and a few captions, the editors put together a masterpiece that told an incredible story through many brief but inspiring images. Tom Russell’s song was perfect and it matched the feeling and mood of the entire two minutes and fifteen seconds of the trailer. The timing of the music and images was spot on as well. When Russell sings “we kissed the leading ladies” as Shannyn Sossamon’s face grazes the screen was a magnificent way to introduce her character. This trailer made me want to see the movie because it intrigued me. It gave me a sense of the drama between the characters in the film without ruining the plot at all. It also moved me emotionally. It made me feel something and it connected me to the characters, even though I had only seen roughly two minutes of the entire film. The plane crash caught me off guard and yet it only intrigued me more as to what the film was going to be about and who was in that airplane. The way Tygh Runyan’s character was portrayed in the preview was interesting because it showed his character’s many different sides in just a few short images and absolutely no dialogue at all.

I didn’t like the unnecessary gunshot near the end but overall it was an incredibly well designed trailer. It held my attention and persuaded me to find out more about this movie as well as to go see it in theaters.

If you enjoyed this trailer, you should check out these other previews on Apple.com/trailers:

1.) Fly Away
2.) Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment